Avenger initiative #35








Here are the sketches for one of the two pages I’m working on for the Avengers initiative #35, the final issue.

Basically the way I work my pages for a title is giving the scrip a first read just for fun, then a second time trying to figure out what panel shapes and composition I should use in each page. Once I draw thumbnails on the side of the script I start doing little sketches for each panel, sometimes on the same script and sometimes on another side page. After I have a couple of ideas of how each panel is gonna work I then start with the sketch like the one you see here, I usually go around it with and HB pencil so I can get strong lines and speed up the process.

Then I scan the sketch and blow it up in the computer and I print it on a comic board size(11” x17”) then I tape the print into a comic board page. Now I start tracing with a 2H pencil the print on my light table ,once I’m done with all the tracing I turn off the light table and go around the page working on my lines and polishing the details.

Hope this is helpful for other artist out there, because I'm always eager to know the process of work of other artist.




3 comentarios:

RAWLS said...

Whhaaaa?! Fantastic work my friend! These look great!

TorSword said...

I really appreciate you sharing your working process, it's really interesting, don't know about other people but I never really give it a thought of how the work is really done. Thank you for sharing. I am looking forward on meeting you this weekend at La Mole ComicCon Internacional.

Ivy Peck said...

Great blog post, thanks for sharing.